Saturday, 10 September 2011

KIVA PEER-TO-PEER LENDING INFOGRAPHIC

This is a very cool infographic using data from Kiva, the peer-to-peer lending network. HAT TIP TO Jason Pearson

Kiva defines itself as "a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world." Very cool.


Intercontinental Ballistic Microfinance from Kiva on Vimeo.

We often complain how charity money disappears into admin costs, but here we have no excuses - the intermediary is disintermediated, and we get to build a direct relationship with the beneficiary.

This is the type of cool stuff that reaffirms why we work with the Internet and how it's changing the world.

Here's a video that explains how it works.

How Kiva Works from Kiva on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Micluther said...

This seems to be cool infographic as whole presentation seems to be like best ever seems. The over all great information.

Anonymous said...

Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar
one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments?

If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

Review my site :: exercises to increase vertical leap

Anonymous said...

This site was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me. Kudos!

My webpage: exercises to increase vertical jump

Anonymous said...

Hello, I would like to subscribe for this website to take most up-to-date updates, thus where can i
do it please assist.

Also visit my homepage ... workouts to improve vertical leap

Anonymous said...

I have read so many articles or reviews about the blogger lovers however this post is actually a fastidious post, keep it
up.

my web blog - vertical leap exercises