Saturday, 24 May 2008

SMART DEVICES FOR THE SEMANTIC WEB

This year at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Bill Gates said this is the year of the device. If you follow this blog you would have heard me wax lyrical about my AppleTV, and I'm a dedicated fan of my IPOD. I've got an Internet enabled Blackberry. And I just bought a new digital SLR with upload connectivity. Nothing special here I hear you say, but this is all starting to accelerate. When buying my new camera - which I researched using reviews and ratings to benefit from the wisdom of the crowds - I saw they now sell camera attachments that use GPS that will help you track where you took your pictures, upload them to Flickr, and then track your journey over a map. And then when on Flickr you can benefit from its social and community features. This is like 6 picture degrees of separation. It turns this into a small world through connecting people, but also by connecting places through the geoweb. Watch out for the geoweb, it's still too early, but keep an eye on how it develops in connection to the social graph

I also recently heard of the deal between Plaxo and Comcast - which is known for its cable TV interests. In this deal Comcast also acquires Plaxo. A deal driven by their "vision of making "social media" a natural part of the lives of regular people, not just early-adopters. For example, you should be able to securely post family photos online in [Plaxo] Pulse, and have them viewable by any of your family members, whether they are online, at work, on their mobile device, or in their living room watching TV. And you should be able to discover new shows to watch, based on what your friends and coworkers have recommended."

Expect to see more and more devices connect to the web, and be given social features. The PC and the mobile have already changed the way we connect and participate in communities, it will be interesting to see what happens when other devices start to shape the mainstream.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya just stumbled upon your blog via Bing after I typed in, "Blogger: Comments on the social graph" or
something similar (can't quite remember exactly). In any case, I'm happy I
found it simply because your subject material is exactly what I'm searching for (writing a college paper) and I hope you don't mind if
I gather some information from here and I will of course
credit you as the reference. Thank you.

my weblog :: investment property mortgage lenders

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole
my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be
a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!


Feel free to surf to my web-site - games pc

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this web site on regular basis to take updated from most recent information.

My web-site jocuri gratis strategie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for every other excellent article.
Where else may just anybody get that type of information in such
a perfect manner of writing? I've a presentation subsequent week, and I'm at the look for
such info.

Here is my web page - bancuri foarte tari

Anonymous said...

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging
on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It's always useful to read content from other authors and practice a little something from other websites.

My webpage: Juegos Online Gratis

Anonymous said...

Hello there! My wife and I often publish guest articles or blog posts for other web site owners to help increase exposure to our work,
as well as provide good content to site owners.
It really is a win win situation! If you're interested feel free to email me at: averyfredrick@bigstring.com so we may communicate further. Cheers!

Feel free to visit my weblog: san diego short term housing rentals

Anonymous said...

Admiring the persistence you put into your site and detailed information you present.

It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed
material. Fantastic read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm including your RSS
feeds to my Google account.

Here is my web page jocuri online cu masini

Anonymous said...

What's up, yeah this paragraph is actually nice and I have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging. thanks.

Here is my web page Juegos Online

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your site. You have some really great posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to write some
material for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.
Please blast me an email if interested. Cheers!



Here is my page; refrigerator repair diy

Anonymous said...

After I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new
comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a comment is added I recieve four emails with the exact same comment.
Perhaps there is a means you can remove me from that service?

Thanks!

Feel free to surf to my web site; jocuri masini

Anonymous said...

Hey exceptional blog! Does running a blog similar to this take a large
amount of work? I've no knowledge of programming however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyway, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject however I simply had to ask. Kudos!

Here is my webpage used computer parts for sale

Anonymous said...

Hi! I hope you don't mind but I decided to publish your weblog: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4231712598368130721&postID=3219157012375697926 to my online directory website. I used, "Blogger: Comments on the social graph" as your blog title. I hope this is alright with you. If you'd like me to change the title or remove it entirely, contact me at roseanne-flanders@hailmail.
net. Thank you.

Feel free to surf to my homepage - www.petsandco.com

Anonymous said...

This design is incredible! You definitely know how to keep a reader entertained.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you
presented it. Too cool!

Also visit my web page: freezer meals recipes lasagna

Anonymous said...

Excellent post. I'm going through some of these issues as well..

Review my homepage :: www.dotbeyond.com

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to say to my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this web site on regular basis to obtain updated from most up-to-date gossip.

Also visit my page ... appliance repair sahuarita az

Anonymous said...

I pay a quick visit daily some web sites and information sites to read content, but this website gives feature based articles.


Feel free to visit my web-site kitchen remodels 2013